LMC 3403 for CS & CM Majors
LMC 3403 Registration Info for Spring 2024
For spring 2024 registration, LMC 3403 Sections CS1-CS9, CX1, and CX2, -OR- CS 3803 (approved substitution for SP24) are available by permit only to CM and CS spring degree candidates who completed the Spring 2024 OAG by October 4th.
NOTE: If you do not read and follow these instructions (also sent by your CoC advisor) in a timely manner, you may delay your graduation.
To request a permit on or after Nov. 6thplease follow the permit request instructions:
- Log into BuzzPort
- On the Home tab locate the "Registration and Student Services" channel
- Select the "Registration - OSCAR" link
- Select "Student Services & Financial Aid"
- Select "Registration"
- Select "Registration Override Request
-- In the “Reason” box, you must only type: “SPRING 24 DC”
(please do not type additional information in the reason box)
- You can only request up to three (3) permits total for LMC 3403 OR one (1) permit for CS 3803 (students may NOT request a permit foror register for both LMC 3403 and CS 3803)
- CM and CS majors cannot take sections reserved for other majors.
- Seats will be first come, first serve. NO OVERLOADS.
- If you intentionally misrepresent your graduation status to get access to the class, you will be dropped from the course.
- Permit requests will be reviewed once per business day. Please be patient as administrators must review these manually.
Why was my permit denied?
- If you do not use the correct reason code above, your permit request will be denied.
- If you do not have a Spring 2024 OAG, your permit request will be denied.
Why was my permit pending?
- If you did not apply to graduate on or before 10/4/23, your permit request will be pending.
- Student who applied to graduate after October 4th will receive additional information on your options at a later date.
All information about LMC 3403 registration also available here: https://www.lmc.gatech.edu/programs/bs-lmc/lmc3403-registration
To submit your Online Application to Graduate (OAG), instructions available here: https://registrar.gatech.edu/info/online-application-graduation-oag-undergraduate-students
LMC 3403 for Business Majors
- You may only register for sections reserved for BA majors
- No permit is needed to register for approved sections
- The maximum number of seats in LMC 3403 sections for business majors is 23
How do I know I've received a permit?
You should receive an email confirmation. You can also check by:
- Log into Buzzport
- On the Home tab, locate the “Registration and Student Services” channel
- Select the “Registration – OSCAR” link
- Select “Student Services & Financial Aid”
- Select “Registration”
- Select “Registration Status”
Why was my overload request denied?
Classes with a waitlist on them are not available for overload requests. If you are a graduating senior and are having difficulty registering for a section of LMC 3403, then please contact your academic advisor.
I'm a CS major. Why was my permit denied?
You must have completed the OAG for fall 2022 graduation in order to receive a permit to register for LMC 3403.