How To Declare Your Threads
- Go to Oscar
- Go to "Student Services and Financial Aid"
- Click on "Student Records"
- Find "Change Program of Study"
- Select your concentration
For more help, view this tutorial.
Customize your degree by choosing two threads of study.
- Literature: Studying the history of storytelling in poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction as well as oral and print traditions to their electronic and digital counterparts.
- Communication: Examining and producing media that are rhetorically persuasive and speak to audiences across written, oral, verbal, electronic, and non-verbal situations.
- Design: Building and critically analyzing interactive systems for commerce, education, entertainment, social media, and personal expression.
- Media: Understanding the rhetoric, history, forms, and technologies fundamental to the development and creation of film, electronic media, and/or live and mediated performance.
- Social Justice: Mapping the evolution of race, gender, and environmental issues over the past three centuries in relation to new scientific and social realities
- Science, Technology, and Culture (STAC): Exploring the relations between science and technology and the broad range of cultural practices in art, ethics, medicine, economics, and politics.
Outcomes of thread combinations:
- Literature & Media: Publishing, Content Development
- Literature & Communication: Art Administration, Public Relations
- Literature & Design: Education Tech, New Media
- Literature & Social Justice: Law, Non-Profit Organizations
- Literature & STAC: Public Health, Education
- Media & Communication: Tech Communication, Film and Television
- Media & Design: Web Design, Marketing
- Media & Social Justice: Government Work, Legal Services
- Media & STAC: Science Communication, Technical Consulting
- Communication & Design: Social Media, Web Design
- Communication & Social Justice: Pre-Law, Advocacy
- Communication & STAC: Medical Communication, Project Management
- Design & Social Justice: Education Software, Government Organizations
- Design & STAC: Device Prototyping, Science Education
- Social Justice & STAC: Environmental Services, Pre-Health