Associate Academic Professional and Director of DramaTech
- School of Literature, Media, and Communication
Melissa Foulger is the Artistic Director of DramaTech, Georgia Tech’s student run theatre. Ms. Foulger has directed throughout the Atlanta area at theatres such as 7 Stages, Actor’s Express, Theatre in the Square, Aurora Theatre, and Dad’s Garage. Her productions of Wolves, Suddenly Last Summer and Far Away have garnered Top Director nods from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Creative Loafing and The Sunday Paper.
Her productions of Wolves, See What I Wanna See and Clybourne Park received a Suzi Award for Best World Premiere Production, Best Ensemble – Musical and Best Ensemble – Play, respectively. She was nominated for a Suzi Award for Best Director for Wolves at Actor’s Express.
She has guest lectured on topics such as “Improvisation and Technology”, “Theatre as a Form of Game”, and “Ritual and Play” and is a member of the Digital Performance Initiative, which researches the intersection of performance with the latest technology.
Ms. Foulger attended The George Washington University where she received a B.A. in Theatre and an M.Ed. in Secondary Education. She also received an M.F.A. in Directing from the University of Memphis. She was a recipient of the TCG New Generations Program: Mentoring the Leaders of Tomorrow from 2002-2004 and has participated in both La Mama ETC’s International Directing Symposium held in Umbria, Italy and the Dah Teatar’s International School for Directors and Actors held in Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro.
- MFA in Theatrical Directing, University of Memphis
- M.Ed. in Secondary Education - English, The George Washington University
- B.A. in Theatre, The George Washington University
- LCC-2661: Theatre Production I
- LCC-2662: Theatre Production II
- LCC-2813: Special Topics in STAC
- LCC-3661: Theatre Production III
- LCC-3662: Theatre Production IV
- LCC-4602: Performance Practicum
- LMC-2661: Theatre Production I
- LMC-2662: Theatre Production II
- LMC-2813: Special Topics in STAC
- LMC-3661: Theatre Production III
- LMC-3662: Theatre Production IV
- LMC-4102: Senior Thesis
- LMC-4602: Performance Practicum