Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow
- School of Literature, Media, and Communication
Office Location:121-9 Stephen C. Hall Building
Dipanjan Maitra completed his PhD in English at State University of New York at Buffalo (UB) in 2022. He was formerly an Advanced PhD Fellow at Humanities Institute, UB. His dissertation entitled “Built With Glue and Clippings: Modernist Collaboration and the Press-Cutting Bureau” explores the connection between press-cutting agencies, literary modernism, and governmental surveillance. He has presented academic papers on modernism, genetic criticism and psychoanalysis at international conferences in India, US and Europe. His academic articles have appeared in Modernism/modernity Print Plus, James Joyce Quarterly, Genetic Joyce Studies, Joyce Studies in Italy and other peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD: SUNY at Buffalo (UB), Department of English
- MPhil: Jadavpur University, Department of English, India
- MA: Jadavpur University, Department of English, India
- BA (Honours): Jadavpur University, Department of English
- 2022-2024: Postdoctoral Associate, Undergraduate Writing and Composition, SUNY Buffalo (Declined)
- 2021: Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing (SHARP) 25th Anniversary Research Fellowship.
- 2020-2021: Humanities Institute Advanced PhD Fellowship, College of Arts and Sciences, SUNY at Buffalo
- 2020-2021: Harry Ransom Center Research Fellowship in the Humanities, University of Texas at Austin
- 2020-2021: Mark Diamond Research Fund (for archival research in the UK and Ireland), SUNY at Buffalo
- 2019-2020: Opler-Doubrava Fifth Year Fellowship, Department of English, SUNY at Buffalo
- 2018: International James Joyce Foundation Scholarship
- 2018: Northeast Modern Language Association (NeMLA) Summer Fellowship
- 2017: Riverrun Research Fellowship, Riverrun Foundation, Buffalo
- 2017: GSC NeMLA Travel Award, 48th Annual Northeast Modern Language Association Convention, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2015: Giorgio Melchiori Grant 2015.
- 2015-2019: Dean’s Fellowship, SUNY at Buffalo
- October 2014: Exchange Program, “Études postcoloniales,” Maison de la Recherche, Université Paris-Sorbonne IV
- 2011-2015: Junior and Senior Research Fellowships, Government of West Bengal, India.
- LMC-3403: Tech Communication
- “‘Scissors and Paste’: Joyce’s Weak Ties With the Press-Cutting Bureau.”
In: Modernism/modernity Print Plus, Volume 6, Cycle 2 [Peer Reviewed]
Date: May 2021
- “Truth in Literature: Lacan’s Joyce and the Question of Applied Psychoanalysis.”
In: Literature and Theory: Contemporary Signposts and Critical Surveys