Skiles Classroom Building
The School of Literature, Media, and Communication (LMC) heart lies at the Skiles Classroom Building. The Skiles building was completed in 1959 and named after Dean Vernon William Skiles.
Conveniently located next to the Stamps Student Center Commons and Library and Information Center, Skiles Building houses the School of Literature, Media, and Communication and School of Mathematics. The department office of the school is located at the 3rd floor, and most of the faculty offices are also located at the 3rd and 1st floor of the Skiles Building.
DM Smith Building
In January 2009, the Writing and Communication Program of LMC plans to expand into the DM Smith building, which is located across Cherry Street from Skiles. This building will temporarily house the program`s new Communication Center and provide office space for some Brittain Fellows. In 2009-2010, the Writing and Communication Program`s administrative center will move to the former Navy ROTC Armory building, located on Bobby Dodd Way.